Thursday, May 7, 2015

Where's Zayn?

Finally, the post that I have been looking forward (and not) to. March 25, 2015. The day that past member Zayn Malik left One Direction. For a couple of months, he was missing concerts due to mental health and rumors spreading about cheating on his fiancĂ©e Perrie Edwards. Fans of course were concerned but no one would really expected or imagined that he would leave the band a month later. On the 25th   of March at 11:30 am, One Direction posted a link on Twitter. I didn’t bother checking it because I just assumed it was about upcoming concerts, but 2 minutes later I got text message after text message telling me to check One Direction’s Twitter.
The link was a Facebook statement, and after reading it I had to read it 4 more times to wrap my mind around the fact that the member with the strongest voice in the group, the most solos (especially in You & I), and the one who said they were definitely going to stay together, that this wasn’t the last of One Direction left. Although I was extremely sad and mad at the moment, I just wanted for Zayn to be happy and respect that he didn’t want to be in the spotlight anymore. I understood that he wanted to “be a normal 22 year old”, but what I didn’t and still don’t understand is how he thinks he could just stop being famous. He left the biggest band in the world and what? He just expected to walk on the street the next day and have no one recognize him? Still to this day, 2 and a half months later he still hasn’t given the fans a proper goodbye to an incredible 5 years or said exactly why he left. The Facebook statement didn’t even come from him, but from management!! Next week I’ll explain in depth how shady this whole situation is.

Till next week,
Brianne

1 comment:

  1. YES! Thank you! Someone is talking about it! I had heard what happened yet I did not know what exactly happened. I have been wondering yet I did not know where I could find the information. Thank you so much for blogging about this event. I greatly appreciate it. I also love the voice you have in your blog. I applaud you on it and encourage you to keep it in future blogs!

    ReplyDelete